I am a fully qualified and experienced career coach working in a creative and supportive way to inspire you to get a job you’ll love!
My background of working in (and managing) a local authority adult guidance careers service has given me a wealth of interviewing experience and relevant information sources. I am qualified to use psychometric testing (aptitude, personality and interests) to help people make decisions about their career direction, find relevant information and progress into courses and jobs. All of this can be useful.
However as a coach I am more interested in working alongside you with a ‘whole person approach’, as I find it impossible to separate out ‘the bit of you that goes to work’ from the rest of you!
Our work together would help you to identify where you are now, where you want to be, and how you can get there by:
- Exploring where you are now and what is important to you
- Recognising your strengths and talents
- Clarifying your values in life and work
- Releasing your potential
- Identifying choices – study, travel, job, portfolio working, self employment ……
- Making decisions
- Transforming hopes into realities
We can do this through discussion, use of simple tools and exercises and/ or with psychometric testing. It depends on what you want and what works!
If it is useful we can include job search tactics and techniques – CV, applications, interview skills etc
Essential information – the how, where and how much!
- Sessions could be face to face, telephone or Skype depending on your preference and location. You may opt to book sessions singly if you have already identified the help you want e.g. CV writing or interview techniques.
- Fees will be similar to Life Coaching but depend on the number of sessions you opt for and whether psychometric testing is included.
I offer an initial chat over telephone free of charge to see if career coaching is for you and agree to a way forward, so if you are interested please just give me a call on 07517 423 669
Prior to starting the coaching sessions I had felt anxious, lost, directionless and frozen, and didn’t know how or where I was going to find the motivation and the confidence to address the challenges I had ahead of me. Mallory helped me to focus on career issues in an holistic way – that is, taking into account my personality, personal strengths and goals, and other aspects of my life – this was brilliant for helping me overcome my fears about going back to work, getting some perspective, and having an onward plan. I always felt Mallory really listened to me, and reading her summary notes I always felt she captured the essence of our discussions. I was able to use the notes to reflect on what I was learning about myself, and over the course of our sessions I came to feel ‘unstuck’ and was proud of the progress I was making moving through each issue one by one.